Jr. VM Ware/ Server Configuration
Malvern, PA 19355
To qualify for this position you must have Tier 1 help desk experience and VM Ware experience configuring servers. It is a junior experience where you will be trained for quick advancement.
This person will be monitoring and escalating day-to-day issues concerning building mock servers for sales presentations and when not doing that you will be doing backups and replications, network monitoring, perform day to day troubleshooting across the network. Cover off all tier one desktop support issues and tier one server, telephony and networking issues.
• Troubleshoots incidences with computer systems, including triage/troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
• Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages; may configure specific applications for use in operational departments. Deploy standard images across operational departments and maintain images and build and push technologies
• Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware.
• Makes hardware and software acquisition recommendations, including helping users access requirements and providing justification for equipment and services.
• Monitors daily computer operations with an eye toward unusual events, and notifies the appropriate groups immediately of any suspected intrusions, virus infestations, denial of service attacks, and other abuses; also works close with the System Administrators on some other suspicious activities (suspected fraud, sabotage, etc.)
• Assists with and monitors the movement of new software into the production environment to ensure that only duly-authorized software is used to process production information.
• Restricts physical access to the licensed application programs and back-up tape library to authorized personnel.
• Confirms that backup processes are running properly, that data may be fully restored according to management's intentions, and that backup processes have been creating appropriate operational logs.
• Maintains the physical security of all information systems equipment contained in data centers, permitting only authorized personnel into the facility, and as necessary supervising the activities of outsiders such as vendor maintenance staff.
• Follows documented operations procedures for the production operation of application systems software, including batch control totals and other audit and security parameters. Administers tools such as MS SCCM and WSUS to make sure all servers and workstations are patched with the latest security fixes and definitions.
• Promptly documents and creates trouble tickets for all reports of information systems problems including system unavailability, unacceptable response time, unauthorized access, missing files, and virus infections.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Experience and Microsoft certifications and experience with software and peripherals such as central processing units, servers, monitors, cables, network systems and printers.
• Procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing applicable software, hardware and peripherals.
• VM Ware experience a must.
• Principles, practices, hardware and software related to establishment and maintenance of LAN’s and WAN’s
• Demonstrated experience operating and troubleshooting in a MS and Linux environment.
• Installing, configuring and upgrading operating systems and software, using primarily standard financial, business and administrative application practices.
• Installing, configuring, assembling and repairing computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers and related hardware.
• Troubleshooting and solving hardware and software problems.
• University or College degree in Computer Science Computer hardware, software and peripherals such as central processing units, servers, monitors, cables, network systems and printers.
• Minimum of 5 years of corporate service desk (desktop/networking) experience.
• 2 years with VMware ESX experience.
• Experience with an automated ITIL-based Service Desk tool.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job listed above.
Please send your resume to me today. Interviews are next week.
Liberty Personnel Services, Inc.
410 Feheley Drive | King of Prussia, PA 19406 | (
: 610.941.6300 x125 | 7
: 610.941.2424 |www.libertyjobs.com | firstname.lastname@example.org