Fiber Optic Engineer
The DevelopmentEngineerwill be assigned to our R&D Center and will develop optical fiberbased processes and products to support imaging, sensing and light energy delivery applications for non-telecomm markets. The developmentengineer will work closely with experienced product experts to move products from the concept phase to largescale manufacturing processes. DevelopmentEngineer will be responsible for manufacturing prototypes for samples and 1st time customer orders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Manufacture initial prototypes for large core fiber assemblies, fiber bundles and probes.
2) Prototype, creates CAD drawings & bills of materials, and provide cost estimates for the following product types: large core fiber assemblies, specialty fiber assemblies, fiber illumination bundles, image fiber assemblies and fiber optic probes.
3) Setup processes for small scale manufacturing of large core fiber assemblies, fiber bundles and probes.
4) Work on projects which reduce manufacturing costs as products scale from prototyping to small scale production to mass production.
5) With guidance from product experts, perform “Design of Experiments" testing to optimize processes to achieve balance of lowest cost and best technical performance.
- BS degree in engineering, physical science or related discipline.
- 5 to 10 yrs experience with Product development in R&D or production environment.
- Experience in processing specialty optical fibers for non-telecomm and telecomm applications including knowledge of connector designs, adhesives, assembly processes, and optical testing.
- High power laser operation, i.e. CO2, Nd:YAG, etc.
- Experience with statistical design of experiments, practical experimental design and set-up, and statistical results evaluation.
- Development of materials processes and products utilizing high power lasers
- Laser safety
- Results oriented.
- Works well in team situations. (not territorial)
- Demonstrated talent for problem solving.
- Able to travel without restriction to Japan and Mexico.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft products including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- AutoCAD skills
- Likes “hands-on" engineering.
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling software such as SolidWorks
Not Required but desirable qualifications:
- Experience with optics, fiber optics and electro-optic products.
- Knowledge of mechanical designing.
- Knowledge of micro-optics.
Send your resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chuck LaBenski /Winter | Liberty Personnel, Inc.
410 Feheley Drive | King of Prussia, PA 19406 | (: 484-690-9606 | 7: 610-941-2424 | *: email@example.com